Amazon has been steadfastly improving Alexa. Here is a list of the recent improvements we have been enjoying recently:
- Alexa is now available to all users inside the Amazon Shopping App on iOS and Google. more
- A new API allows Alexa Skills to access location information. The user must first opt-in to allow this. Read more here.
- Cortana on Xbox One was updated with the new firmware update, and allows users to add reminders. more
- FireTV devices in UK an Germany now have Alexa enabled on them. Unlike US based FireTV devices, which have had this capability for over a year, this was not yet available outside of the US until now.
- Users now longer have to enable a skill to use it. Just saying “Alexa, Open <skillname>” for the first time with both enable the skill and start it.